I know many of you are praying for us and we are so thankful! We serve an amazingly powerful God who does all His holy will! Proverbs 15: 29 says "...He hears the prayers of the righteous." Will you join us in praying specifically for our children's adoptions?
1. Pray for timing. God has everything right on schedule, but sometimes it's so hard for us to remember that. Pray that we would be diligent to do what we need to do and leave the timing in His hands.
2. Pray for us to be thankful. Even in the midst of our trials 2 things are always true: God is good and someone out there would be THANKFUL to have it as good as we do. Pray for us to have thankful hearts as we have been blessed beyond anything we deserve.
3. Pray for Josie. She will never remember a time when she did not hear about becoming a sister. I'm thankful that she will learn to share, play, and laugh with someone at such a young age. Pray that we will not show preferential treatment to any one of them, but that they will always know that they are loved equally.
4. Pray for the funding for our adoption. From the start I have said that if this is God's will for us, then He will provide the funding. I'm finding that that hasn't been so difficult. When our God is all-powerful, why do we sometimes doubt that he will equip us for what He has called us to? Pray that we will not be anxious and that we would leave the funding in God's hands.
5. Pray for travel safety for us and for Darren as he travels back and forth.
6. Pray for our Zambian daughters to adjust to their new family. There are daily struggles, but mostly I have been surprised by well they have done.
7. Pray for us to be godly parents to all of our children. What a responsibility God has granted us! Scary sometimes, but beautiful as well. My insufficiency stares me in the face everyday. Parenting is hard work and now we have 3. Pray for us to be a family marked by forgiveness.