Sponsor a Child in Jesus Name with Compassion

Monday, December 13, 2010

Christmas Music

Yesterday was our church's Christmas concert. It was amazing! The words were edifying and Christ focused, the quaility of the music was great, and the lighting, decorations, and sparkly sweaters made it a very "Christmasy" and festive experience. I love those songs that make you think "Wow...I wonder what the singing in heaven will sound like?"

I was notified by lifesong that they are looking over our grant application. We've already sent our 1-600 form in for pre-immigration approval. Just waiting to hear back from lifesong so that we can move on to the next step...finalizing the dossier!


We are preparing for our trip to Virginia to see my sister Amber and her family who lives there. My other sister Stephanie is flying in from California and I'm so excited to be able to spend Christmas week with them. I'm sure Josie will have a blast with her aunts, uncle, and 3 cousins.
I've been remembering what last Christmas felt like. I was 8 months pregnant and on medicine to reduce contractions so Josie wouldn't come too early. I remember that feeling of hardly being able to stand the wait until I could meet her and I remember thinking "our Christmases won't be the same anymore!" Now my sweet Josie is toddling around and pulling the bows off the Christmas presents! Time goes by so quickly in retrospect.

Last night I was blessed to see the G321 Children's choir have a part in the concert. I pictured myself 5 years from now with 2 little girls singing up there together...praising God with their voices in the midst of a church family who loves them. This year, I'm a little bit thinner, but again I spend Christmas in anticipation of another child. I'm almost positive that "#2" will be with us by next Christmas and again "our Christmases will never be the same!"

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful post Jacky! The Morningview Christmas program sounds beautiful. I wish I could have heard it. You will have a wonderful time celebrating Josie's first Christmas. Like you I am excitedly looking forward to next Christmas when we will be celebrating as a family of 4 for the first time. It may not be our new child's first Christmas but it will be their first Christmas with their family!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackie, what a wonderful way to journal your lives together! One day Josie will be blessed by reading your thoughts and words. The Lord has truly blessed you and Darren. Love you and will be praying for the adoption.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for your sweet words of encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, friend! SO THRILLED for you! Can't wait to see what God has for you this year. Enjoy the journey, and when you finally hold both your girls, a new journey will just be starting!

    ReplyDelete