Sponsor a Child in Jesus Name with Compassion

Monday, April 23, 2012

Keira's Three Months


Keira in November-First Meeting
Today is April 23 and that means that Keira's three month fostering period is over today.  Of course, we still don't have a court date for either Keira or Evolet so it doesn't really mean much, but I wanted to take today to just talk about "the middle one" and how much she's changed.

Keira's a fighter.  The house mom at the orphanage told me the story about how Keira had been abandoned in the hospital by her family after her mother died in childbirth. She was premature and tiny.  She was neglected by the hospital staff who didn't turn her often enough so one side of her head was flat.  When she was released from the hospital at three months old she was 2.5 kg or 5.5 lbs.  The orphanage mom said she was sickly and they didn't expect her to live much less walk or talk.

Keira is still much smaller than the average 3 1/2 year old.  She doesn't speak clearly, but she understands everything.  She has the disposition of an angel and her radiant smile warms the hearts of everyone around her.  The house dad said she was the "diamond" in their family and he was right. She is a special little girl.

Keira in April
In the past three months, Keira has had more energy, she's been talking more, her wandering eye doesn't wander anymore (Praise the Lord).  She's noticeably gained weight although I don't have a scale so I don't know how much.  She's outgrown a pair of shoes that were too big for her in January.  She's attached to me and her sisters better than I ever thought possible.  She smiles ALL. THE. TIME! (unless there are puppies or butterflies floating around.  She's wary of both.)


I don't know what God has planned for this little girl.  I believe that she's my daughter, but there are still alot of unanswered questions surrounding her adoption and we just don't know that for sure until it's final.  I do know one thing...a child doesn't need to have a massive vocabulary to teach you certain things or to steal your heart away.  I love Keira and I pray that God makes a way for her to come home with me.  It would break my heart to leave her here even though I trust that God would provide for her through other means.  Whatever time I get to spend with this precious little girl I will be thankful for it.

I'm praying fervently for progress this week.  Now I'm done fostering both girls and I just want them home.  I want everyone to love and enjoy them the way I do.  Thirty-eight days until the end of May.



"Learn to do good; seek justice, correct oppression; bring justice to the fatherless, plead the widow's cause." Isaiah 1:17

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like Keira is really blossoming! She is too adorable, all three girls are. I hope and pray you are all home soon.

    ReplyDelete