Sponsor a Child in Jesus Name with Compassion

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Making Progress

Well, we have finally scheduled our 2nd and 3rd home study appointments for next Friday, November 5th. This will be our individual interviews. I'm very excited. It's been over a month since our last meeting. I never envisioned the home study process taking this long, but this is such a busy time of year for everyone and Darren has been traveling alot so...I know that the extra time it has taken to do this is all for a greater purpose that we don't see yet. How near sighted and impatient we can become!

I was reminded of this fact on Sunday night when one of our pastors was preaching on Habakuk. (I know at first that doesn't sound so life-changing, but it is actually a very emotionally provoking book. I can't believe how much I've missed by not studying it more closely until now.) Anyway, Tom was talking about how we get so wrapped up in our moments that we don't look at the big picture. I think that's a very important thing to keep in mind for any family and especially those of us who are planning to adopt. We know how the process is supposed to work...and sometimes it works out differently. We know what the deadlines are...but sometimes we can't control if we meet them or not. We have plans...and sometimes they get derailed. But success in any area isn't dependent on even the best made plans. I say that even though I am at heart very much a planner. True success is realizing that God's plans never fail because it would be against His very nature for them too.

Because of that I can rest in the knowledge that this adoption is for the glory of God alone and in His timing it will come together....all of it! The home-study, the paperwork, the finances, the travel dates...the smallest details are essentially in His hands. I am just the instrument who is called to be faithful in the execution of it.

I'm excited about this next meeting. My house will be clean again:)

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Congratulations on having your next home study meetings scheduled. Isn't it a great feeling. Thank you so much for your wonderfully inspiring post about the timing of everything. I often struggle with the delays and wanting every step to happen as quickly as possible. Then when I actually take the time to step back and look at the picture I remind myself that God is in charge and God's timing is so much better than mine. After we each get our little ones home we will look back on the progress and all of the timing, the delays, etc. will all make perfect sense and we will then see why it happened the way it did. Everything will fall into place perfectly according to God's will for our families and getting our children home. I also keep reminding myself that while I do not know who my child is yet God does know. God is watching over him and preparing him for his adoption both into our family and into God's family when he is Baptized. Thanks again for your post. You worded it so beautifully. It really spoke to me.

    ReplyDelete