Sponsor a Child in Jesus Name with Compassion

Monday, January 24, 2011

Good News!

Finally...I have alot to say about our adoption journey!

1. We have been approved for an adoption grant from Lifesong for Orphans! If you would like to make a donation you can go their website. They even take Paypal! Or you can make checks payable to Lifesong for Orphans and in the memo line write Lewis #1749.

Mail to
Lifesong for Orphans
PO Box 42/ 202 N. Ford St.
Gridley, IL 61744

Today I am busy trying to get our findraising letters ready to mail! I am sooooo thankful for what the Lord has done for us this week! What a blessing to be a part of His beautiful plans!

2. Any day now we should recieve our USCIS pre-immigration approval. That is the last piece of the ever-complex dossier mound. I'm really hoping I can get that sent off soon.

3. We had an awesome concert at church last night. If you haven't heard of Matthew Smith and Indelible Grace you really need to check them out! They were working with Compassion International which is a child sponsorship program. We picked up a packet for a 14 year old girl in Ethiopia. How appropriate!? I'm excited to sponsor this child because through Compassion she will hear the gospel, be able to attend school, and the cool thing is, We will be able to write letters back and forth. I'm really stoked. Her name is Bizuye. Don't ask me how to pronounce that.

4. Josie's 1st birthday party was awesome. I'll be putting pictures on facebook as soon as I can. She got 2 black baby dolls! How cute! We've even named them _ _ _ _ _. Have fun figuring that out:)

2 comments:

  1. YAY on the grant!!!! That is sooo exciting and great! Just one step closer to bringing your sweet girl home!!! We also sponsered a child with Compassion! He will be 6 this year and lives in Nicguaragra (spell). His name is Bryan lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is all such awesome news Jacky! I am so excited for all of you! You will join us in the waiting process soon.

    ReplyDelete