Tuesday, March 1, 2011
I really have the best job in the world!
I am so in love with those two people up there! Ok so this post has nothing to do with our adoption right now. Nothing has really changed...just waiting for that referral. Instead I just wanted to share a bit of sappiness from a mom who LOVES her daughter. It's easy to become so frustrated with children sometimes. They can mess up your plans for the day, they can interrupt your "me time", they can be hungry when it's not lunchtime and not sleepy when it's naptime. I really like a schedule so I struggle with these things like any mom, I'm sure. But I try to keep my mind surrounded by scripture and wise sayings from mothers who have gone before me.
As one friend put it, "The days pass slowly, but the years fly by." I'm finding that to be SOOO true. How is it even possible that my little girl is 13 months old? Toddling, talking...wasn't she just born? Then I think to myself in a panic, "How much time have I wasted complaining today? How many times did I think, "I wish she wouldn't follow me to the bathroom this time" or "If she pulls on leg and says the ambiguous whiny word 'eh?' one more time I'm going to scream!" How many minutes did I spend selfishly thinking of what motherhood COSTS me rather than dwelling on the BLESSINGS I get from it. And then I pray and confess to my savior and ask forgiveness from a 13 month old. Sadly, sometimes I don't dwell on the things I absolutely adore about her until she's in bed and I have the house put back together. So lest I forget how ridiculously cute she is at this age, I'm gonna brag on my little beauty a little bit.
Here are just 21 things I love about being Josie's Mom right now:
1. I love that she is ALWAYS smiling and full of energy in the morning.
2. I love the way her little belly pokes out when she wears tight little pjs.
3. I love the way she laughs at herself when she does something funny.
4. I love the way she says "More. more. more. more." like a broken record when she wants food.
5. I love the way she says "Daddy!!!!" When she hears the door open or the phone ring.
6. I love the way she smiles and says "All done" as she does her little baby signs when she's finished eating.
7. I love those extremely rare occasions when she's so tired she falls asleep on my shoulder when we are dancing in the living room and I love how no matter how sore my arm gets it is impossible for me to stop dancing with her!
8. I love how she rocks her favorite baby doll.
9. I love how she climbs on anything she can possibly reach...wonder where she got that?
10. I love how she bounces on her little piano with her booty just because she knows it will make us laugh.
11. I love playing peek-a-boo with her.
12. I love that she's still small enough that I can carry her around...that won't last long.
13. I love taking her outside to swing.
14. I love how she gets SOOOO excited about bathtime that she runs down the hall yelling "bath! bath! bath!"
15. I love that she's fascinated with sitting on the potty...maybe it won't be long until she figures it out?
16. I love that she follows me around.
17. I love her relative innocence. (I mean everyone has a sin nature right?)
18. I love how she tries to meow back at the cat.
19. I love that she LOVES to be outside exploring and is really not afraid of very much.
20. I love hear her say "Amen!" at the end of a prayer or when I read scripture to her.
21. I love that there is really nothing I'd rather be doing because I have the BEST job in the world:)
Maybe sometime I'll do a brag post on my amazing husband too. I certainly would have alot to say about his awesomeness. That could be a long post...
Posted by Darren and Jacky Lewis at 8:47 PM