Sponsor a Child in Jesus Name with Compassion

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Springtime

How cute is this?
Well, I haven't posted anymore for a while because (1) I wanted confirmed news about which to post and (2) we've been too busy having fun to stay in the house and blog.
God seems to definately be up to something in Ethiopia. The guy over the Ministry of Women's and Children's Affairs has been removed and there have been substantial other personnel changes. The word is that they are still working hard to process the cases of families waiting to pass court. We still don't know exactly how these changes will effect us. We don't know when we will get a referral. Already it seems like the wait has lasted a lifetime. Our "unofficial" referral numbers have not moved since mailing our dossier and some days that just seems downright depressing, BUT God has a plan and I am thankful for it. I read this from Psalm 61 this just this morning:

"Hear my cry, O God,
listen to my prayer;
from the end of the earth I call to you
when my heart is faint.

Lead me to the rock
that is higher than I,
for you have been my refuge,
a strong tower against the enemy.


Let me dwell in your tent forever!
Let me take refuge under the shelter of your wings!"
Isn't it great how God's Word is never silent and speaks to us on the issues that effect us the most? He is teaching us to trust Him more these days and for that I am grateful because I know He will use this time to transform me more into the likeness of the Christ. That makes the waiting actually a little exciting instead of depressingly long!!!!
I am also thankful that I have this little mess to keep me busy while I wait:
Darren and I celebrated 5 wonderful years of marriage last week! We went to Gatlinburg for a relaxing weekend away while "Grandma Lewis" kept Josie. They must have had a great time because for the last couple of days Josie would reach out for Grandma over me. I suppose that's a good thing since Grandma lives in Nebraska and doesn't get to see her very much. It is really a sweet thing to watch them play together:) Anyway, we had a beautiful cabin, did some hiking, watched some Stargate (yes!), and came back very refreshed! Both Darren and I have terrible allergies this time of year, but it's sooooo hard to stay inside when the weather is so beautiful. So...sneezes and all we've been outside alot lately. Josie would stay out there all day if I would let her. She's especially fascinated with bubbles these days :) Well, that's all I've got for now. Please continue to pray for Ethiopia and all the families adopting from there!

No comments:

Post a Comment