Sponsor a Child in Jesus Name with Compassion

Friday, April 8, 2011

One Word


Roller-Coaster!
(That looks like so much fun!!!)
When we entered into the Ethiopian adoption process, we were all giddy and excited to be adding another child to this family. There is also a joy that goes with knowing that you are obeying God's calling for your family and seeing the numbers "7-11 months for referral of an infant girl" seemed so insignificant on that piece of paper we signed. Well, now the waiting has settled in and it...is...hard. Harder than I imagined it would be AND there's nothing I can do to make it happen faster. We are truly helpless before our God as we wait for Him to finish what He has begun. I must say that this is such a beautiful, but intense time of learning to trust for me.
The "ups and downs" of Ethiopian adoption news have shaken our emotions at times. We like hard and solidified facts so all of the "Well, it's just too early to know" or "Nothing's been confirmed" has been a little unnerving. Don't get me wrong, our agency is amazing!!! Almost everyone I have talked to who has walked this adoption road before has said, "It's a rollercoaster and programs change left and right." I KNEW that, but being in the middle of it is something altogether different.
But...I know God's plans are perfect. I know that he blessed us with so many donations toward our adoption that we have been awestruck at His goodness. I KNOW that we will look back and wish we hadn't been faithless during this time so my prayer is that we will NOT waste this time of uncertainty, but that God would strengthen our faith and cause us to rest in Him alone. I know that at the end of the day if all I have is Christ I have still been undeservedly blessed. Please pray with us as we wait!

4 comments:

  1. praying, praying, praying! and amen... be blessed through this wait. it is God's gift and not a curse. I wish I'd had some of that wisdom earlier in our waiting process, and it will serve you so well that you are gaining that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying, Jacky! Keep trusting and obeying. Your patient and content heart is a great encouragement to all us waiting moms. :) Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You described it perfectly Jacky! It is definitely like being on a roller coaster, one with many ups and downs, twists and turns. The waiting is definitely the hardest part. I hope and pray that this spring brings many referrals! One day when Keira is home you will look back on this waiting time and understand why the waiting. Then it will all make sense as what had to happen to bring about God's will and His perfect timing. I definitely have days where the waiting seems easier and days where I get so impatient with it. Hopefully both of our children will be home soon. I can't wait to introduce them to each other.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too, Heidi! Thank you all for the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete