Sponsor a Child in Jesus Name with Compassion

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pumpkins and Packin Up

How cute is that little person? I can't believe how fast she's grown! Yes...she'll be 2 in Januray. We went to the pumpkin patch a couple of weeks ago and she was just thrilled about the hayride and the "punkins". In case y'all didn't know, I'm a bit of a pumpkin fanatic myself. I LOVE some Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Lattes in the fall, Pumpkin coffee creamer, pumpkin bread, pie, waffles...you name it! It's one of my all-time faves. So Josie and I have this little thing we do where I'll ask "where's Mommy's pumpkin?" and she'll say "Josie Punkin" and giggle. It's just the cutest thing.


Aw my sweet loves. We just made a quick trip to Nebraska so the grandparents could see Josie one more time before we leave in...(yes I'm counting down) 11 days! Can you tell I really love that orange sweater? I was going to post a really cute video of some of our crazy fun, but it wouldn't load so...maybe next time.

So we have packed 2 bags and will try to finish alot of the packing up this weekend. It feels like we are taking so much stuff! Between everything we are taking for the super-long stay, there are orphanage and ministry donations in there. We are checking 9, plus the double stroller that we will gate check...plus the computers, diaper bag, and any carry ons we'll take. Crazy!

Is it trite at this point to say that I am really really excited!?!?!?!? I'm not super excited about starting my malaria meds tomorrow, though. Its never a good thing when there's a huge disclaimer that basically says, "This medicine can cause you to have severe mental problems that may not go away even after you stop taking this. If you feel crazy or suicidal, stop taking the medicine." Aaaaaaand Josie's taking the same stuff so....pity on Darren if two of his girls go nuts!

Yesterday, we went to an open house for an attorney in Montgomery named Sam McLure. He is with the Adoption Firm. He and his wife Mary Beth have such a wonderful heart for adoption and long to help couples understand and navigate the legal process. Sam has also been writing some very helpful blog posts about legal aspects of adoption. I highly recommend you check out the web site.

That's all for now! Our church is having costume night tomorrow so I hope to have some photos of our little C-3PO to post!

Eleven Days and counting!!!

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like everything is going really well with your preparations for your trip. I am so excited for you Just 10 days to go, WOW!! That is awesome! I can't wait to see pictures of Josie in her Halloween costume.

    ReplyDelete