Sponsor a Child in Jesus Name with Compassion

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Half a Year

So the news this week was good and bad. I'm definately going to be here to finish out Keira's literal 3 month fostering period. Alot is changing in the governement over here right now so many departments are just kind of freezing as they don't know exactly what the law does/does not allow so they are just making us take the longest route possible. So I will be here until probably the end of May.
The good news is that at least now we know and we're out of that aweful pit of uncertainty (even though there's still plenty of that to go around). I'll still go to court for Evolet in March and be able to do a "trial run" so see how long all of this takes in reality.
I was able to look at new housing yesterday and have found one that meets our needs and is a good price for here.

It's fully furnished with enough room for the kids, a big yard and all that stuff. I'm meeting with the landlord today and should get the details ironed out. We'll be moving NEXT week while Darren's here visiting (I'm soooooo incredibly excited that he's coming:) We have a date night planned and I know he'll enjoy just getting to spend time with ALL of his girls:)

This is going to be a busy week. I have to renew my fingerprints for the girls' preapproval of visas at the embassy in the morning, my birthday is on Tuesday and I have a girls night planned complete with pizza and my two friends Myranda and Sophie:) the rest of the week I'll be trying to pack up what I can and prepare for Darren to come on Sunday!

So by the time I get to leave I will have been here 6-7 months. That's over half a year! I'm sooooo glad I didn't know what would be required of me before I came or I can honestly say I would have said "No way. I can't do that." But God is good to give us strength for each day. He knows what we can and cannot do on our own and provides HIS strength when we have none left. If I had said "no" I would not have 2 new precious daughters. I'm anticipating a whole new round of aching homesickness, but for now I'm just thankful that God has provided for us to stay and that he has made a way for us to be a family of 5...even if it's only for 5 days right now.

Here's something I read today that was a real comfort:
Psalm 33: 20-22

"Our soul waits for the LORD; He is our help and our shield.
For our heart is glad in him, because we trust in his holy name.
Let your steadfast love, O LORD, be upon us, even as we hope in you."

No comments:

Post a Comment