Sponsor a Child in Jesus Name with Compassion

Thursday, December 29, 2011

I'll Be There First

So it dawned on me today that I get to go into 2012 before all my friends back in the states...by like 7-8 hours! That's kinda cool.
Josie has begun practically talking in sentences lately. Funny story from yesterday...we have alot of snails in the yard in the morning when the grass is wet. Josie found one by the trampoline so she went and got a long stick and lay on her tummy on the trampoline and started trying to push the snail away with the stick. She was looking very focused on the task at hand when Evolet saw and said "Look Mommy! A snail!". She started to walk over and Josie said, "No Ev-et. No touch nail. Josie nail." Hey kids guess what...there are enough snails in the yard that we don't have to claim them.
I have a girls movie night planned for Saturday. I'l pretty excited about that. Yesterday my friends had their Bible study over here so that I could participate while my kids aer in bed. Praise the Lord! It was so awesome. They are going through the book Humility by CJ Mahaney. This particular chapter was on humility through trials. Many of the verses came from Habakkuk (which one of our pastors did an amazing series on last year). After the prophet laments that he is crying out and feels that God is not listening to him, God gives him the answers and tells him what the future for the nation of Israel will look like. It's not pretty. The Lord describes the impending judgment and says "But the Lord is in His holy temple; let the earth keep silence before Him."-Habakkuk 2:20.
How great is it to know that God has the fate of the nations in his hands? That he has the destiny of our lives in his palm? What comfort and awe-struck wonder this ignites in my heart!
I've been very self-focused in my trials of late. Of course there are moments when I think "my kids are going through trials too. I need to be a comfort for them." But many times I just think about what comforts I miss back home, how things aren't matching MY timeline, and how even though I CHOSE to be here to bring a child(ren) into our family though adoption NOW I feel like complaining about the process and how hard it is. This valley has definately brought me closer to the Lord sometimes in crying out for peace.
Habakkuk ends with his attitude quite transformed and says this in Habakkuk 3:17-19
"Though the fig tree should not blossom, nor fruit be on the vines,
the produce of the olive fail and the fields yield no food,
the flock be cut off from the fold and there be no herd in the stalls,
Yet, I will rejoice in the Lord; I will take joy in the God of my salvation.
God the Lord is my strength;
he makes my feet like the deer's
he makes me tread on high places."
Choosing to rejoice today:)

No comments:

Post a Comment