Sponsor a Child in Jesus Name with Compassion

Monday, January 30, 2012

Stress Baking

I have a confession to make. When I'm angry I clean. When I'm stressed I bake. Something about doing those two things however imperfectly reminds me that there is order in this universe and helps my head from exploding! Lately, I've had a pretty clean house full of fresh baked food...this past week saw no cleaning and LOTS of baking. Baking calms my soul. In fact, if you have ever seen Pushing Daisies, I'm afraid Ned the Piemaker and I would have a thing or two in common:) So I can't touch dead people and make them alive again...I'm pretty proud of my culinary creations just the same:
Double orange Scones

Mango Muffins (2 batches in the last week)

I didn't even take pictures of the chocolate cake with peanut butter glaze that I made tonight. I think I need an intervention. (If any of my Zambian friends reading this are hungry, feel free to stop by and relieve me of a few calories)

Seriously, though, although baking (and sometimes cleaning) does for some crazy reason take the edge off some of my stress, nothing has calmed my heart more that pouring out my tears at the feet of my savior. I know he cares for me. I know His ways are good. I don't understand what's going on right now, but isn't that what faith is? "The assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen." (Hebrews 11:1)

I really thought that today (Monday) was going to be a beautiful turn in the story. No instead, what part of it wasn't silent, seemed to only bring more confusion. Through all of this, though, the family of Christ has been so encouraging. I have recieved countless e-mails and facebook messages from people quoting scripture to me (which has been like water to my thirst) and telling me that they are praying for me. I can't even tell you how much that means to me! Thank you all for your sweet words and loving prayers. I am so blessed to be loved by so many. Hoping to update with good news soon. Until then, pray that my faith would not waver as I KNOW that the Christ who upholds all things by the power of His word is not ignorant of my fears.

1 comment:

  1. Jacky, I am praying that tomorrow brings you answers full of good news. I am sorry you are so stressed. Remember, you have friends all over the world praying for you and your sweet family. Sending lots of hugs and prayers your way.

    ReplyDelete