Sponsor a Child in Jesus Name with Compassion

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Siblings


As I watch my little girls start to bond like sisters, it makes me think about how great it is to have siblings. They make you laugh, they make you cry, you wouldn't be siblings if you didn't fight every now and then, they tease you relentlessly and drive you crazy--even after you grow up, and they are also your best friends and sometimes they don't get enough credit for being that.

I'm the third child in a family sibling dynamic that spans 20 years, but it's beautiful to know that as our families grow and change and mold into their own entities or as our careers develop, that we're always there for each other and will love each other no matter what.

It's been a blessing to keep up with sisters back home. One leaves me lots of sweet facebook messages and one called me and talked to me for an HOUR on Christmas! I know that was precious time she could have been spending with her family, but called to make sure I felt loved and cherished over here in Zambia all alone. I was also able to skype with both of them and they got to see the girls this morning.

My brother's a hip little (almost) 15 year old who thinks he's super cool. He loves basketball and older girls. I don't see him alot, but love him very much!

I also have an amazing brother-in-law who is like a brother to me. I've known him since I was 12 so there aren't alot of memories I have when he wasn't part of the family. He makes us all laugh and has been the brother that always listened to my heartbreak stories and frustrations about my home life growing up. He's pretty awesome and I am thankful for him.


So while I hope that my children will avoid some of the trials that made my siblings and I as close as we are, I do hope that their sisterhood grows into a friendship that includes kindness, forgiveness, patience, laughter, joy, and most of all--LOVE! I know I've been blessed by these things. ~1 Corinthians 13~

Just wanted to give a shout out to my siblings on this first day of 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment